Marcus® Hotels & Resorts Celebrates Award-Winning Properties
Marcus® Hotels & Resorts, a nationally recognized hotel management company and division of The Marcus Corporation (NYSE: MCS), today announced that four of its owned and managed properties have again received the esteemed AAA Four Diamond Award® in 2018. These awards follow a year of numerous accolades for Marcus Hotels & Resorts’ properties across the nation.
The Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee remains one of only 12 hotels in North America that have maintained AAA Four Diamond status since the Diamond Ratings were first introduced in 1976. Other Marcus Hotels & Resorts properties that have received the AAA Four Diamond Award in 2018 include the Grand Geneva Resort & Spa in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, recognized for the 20th consecutive year; the historic Skirvin Hilton in Oklahoma City, recognized for the 11th consecutive year; and the Hilton Milwaukee City Center, the major convention hotel in Milwaukee, recognized for the seventh consecutive year.
“The AAA Four Diamond Awards are a prestigious recognition that clearly demonstrate the decades of excellence at Marcus Hotels & Resorts,” said Greg Marcus, president and chief executive officer of The Marcus Corporation. “This is a result of the hard work and passion our associates put into ensuring an exceptional experience for each guest at a Marcus Hotels & Resorts property. Congratulations yet again to our AAA Four Diamond properties on this fantastic accomplishment, and congratulations on an excellent year of service to all of our properties, which were well recognized in 2017.”
In addition, five Marcus Hotels & Resorts properties also received high rankings in U.S. News & World Report’s 2018 Best Hotels list. The Pfister Hotel, Hilton Milwaukee City Center and InterContinental Milwaukee all ranked in the top four of downtown Milwaukee hotels, with The Pfister Hotel ranked as number one. The Pfister Hotel and Grand Geneva Resort & Spa were also listed in the top five best Wisconsin hotels, and the Skirvin Hilton was ranked number one in best downtown Oklahoma City hotels. The rankings evaluate more than 3,000 luxury hotels across the United States, the Caribbean, Canada and Mexico and are calculated based on the opinion of travel experts, guest reviews and hotel class ratings.
Along with the early recognitions in 2018, Marcus Hotels & Resorts also ended 2017 on a strong note with the company receiving the 2017 Service Excellence Award by Governor Scott Walker at the Wisconsin Governor’s Conference on Tourism, as well as Smart Meetings magazine’s 2017 Platinum Choice Award. Marcus Hotels & Resorts properties and their associates across the nation also earned numerous high honors in 2017 for providing extraordinary experiences to all guests and patrons. These include:
AC Hotel Chicago Downtown – Chicago, Illinois
The Garland – North Hollywood, California
Grand Geneva Resort & Spa – Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
Heidel House Resort & Spa – Green Lake, Wisconsin
Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington – Minneapolis, Minnesota
Hilton Garden Inn – Houston, Texas
Hilton Madison Monona Terrace – Madison, Wisconsin
Hilton Milwaukee City Center – Milwaukee
InterContinental Milwaukee – Milwaukee
Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker – Lincoln, Nebraska
The Pfister Hotel – Milwaukee
The Platinum Hotel – Las Vegas, Nevada
Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel – Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Skirvin Hilton – Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark – Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
For more information on the latest news and updates from Marcus Hotels & Resorts, please visit: http://Media.MarcusHotels.com.
About AAA Inspections
Travelers can find Diamond Rated establishments and inspector insight in AAA’s trip planning products: the AAA Mobile app, the online TripTik Travel Planner mapping and routing tool, searchable online AAA Travel Guides and AAA TourBook guides available to members at AAA offices.
AAA provides more than 58 million members with automotive, travel, insurance and financial services through its federation of 36 motor clubs and nearly 1,100 branch offices across North America. Since 1902, the not-for-profit, fully tax-paying AAA has been a leader and advocate for safe mobility. Drivers can request roadside assistance, identify nearby gas prices, locate discounts, book a hotel or map a route via the AAA Mobile app. To join, visit AAA.com.
Marcus Hotels & Resorts Offers Black Friday and Cyber Monday Promotions on Properties Nationwide
Milwaukee, Wis., November 16, 2017. . . . .Marcus® Hotels & Resorts, a nationally recognized hotel owner and management company, today announced Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals at its premier properties across the country. Now is the time to book a holiday shopping trip or your next weekend getaway at one of these leading hotels and resorts. For more information on property details and amenities, please visit the full list of Marcus Hotels & Resorts’ properties here.
• Omaha Marriott Downtown at the Capitol District is offering 10-20 percent discounts on room rates. Marriott Rewards members who book direct receive the lowest rate. Guests must book between November 22, 2017 at 4:00 PM ET and November 27, 2017 11:59 PM ET. This offer is valid on travel dates from December 7, 2017 through January 15, 2018. Book your stay here.
• Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark in Lake Geneva is offering a 30 percent discount on rooms booked between November 24, 2017 and November 27, 2017, plus a voucher for a free large, two-topping pizza. This offer is valid on travel dates up until March 16, 2018. Blackout dates may apply. Book your next adventure here (booking link will not be activated until November 24).
• Heidel House Resort & Spa in Green Lake is offering a $25 bonus card (valid from January 1, 2018 – April 30, 2018) for every $100 gift certificate purchased online or in-person from November 24, 2017 through December 31, 2017. The resort’s spa and gift shops are also offering 10 percent off merchandise on November 24, 2017. Purchase gift certificates at http://store.heidelhouse.com.
• Hilton Madison Monona Terrace in Madison is offering a “Winter Getaway” package starting at $99 per night, and includes free parking and breakfast. The hotel is also offering a “Holiday Party Survival” package, which starts at $129 per night and includes beer/snack mix, welcome amenities and a breakfast buffet with deluxe Bloody Marys. Guests must book between November 16, 2017 and January 20, 2018. This offer is valid on travel dates beginning now through January 20, 2018. Book your next trip here.
• AAA-Four Diamond Hilton Milwaukee City Center is offering a 35 percent discount on rooms booked between November 24, 2017 and December 10, 2017, starting at $109 per night. Promotion includes free overnight parking (a $25 value) and two complementary drinks in the Monarch Lounge (a $16 value). This offer is valid on travel dates from November 24, 2017 through March 31, 2018. Blackout dates may apply. Book your room here.
The Hilton Milwaukee City Center will also be offering a special wedding promotion for couples who get engaged over the holiday season. Book your wedding on a Saturday in 2018 at the Hilton Milwaukee City Center to receive 20 percent off the Platinum or Ultimate Wedding Package. Events must occur before December 27, 2018 and must be booked between November 16, 2017 and January 31, 2018. Book your wedding here.
• AAA-Four Diamond Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee is offering a 40 percent discount on rooms booked between November 24, 2017 and December 10, 2017, starting at $124 per night. The promotion includes access to the Pfister Club Lounge with complimentary Wi-Fi, a full, hot breakfast, snacks and non-alcoholic beverages throughout the day, and hors d’oeuvres in the evening. This offer is valid on travel dates from November 24, 2017 through April 5, 2018. Based on availability. Blackout dates may apply. Book your room here.
For more information on the latest news and updates from Marcus Hotels & Resorts, please visit: media.marcushotels.com
About Marcus Hotels & Resorts
# # #
Four Marcus Restaurant Properties Awarded Wine Spectator Recognition
Marcus® Restaurant Group announced today that four of its premier properties – Mason Street Grill and Milwaukee ChopHouse in Milwaukee; Capitol ChopHouse in Madison, Wis.; and Grey Rock at the Heidel House Resort & Spa in Green Lake, Wis. – have earned a 2017 Wine Spectator award to recognize their respective wine programs.
Mason Street Grill has received the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence five years in a row, while Grey Rock has earned the award for its 15th year. In 2017, Capitol ChopHouse and Milwaukee ChopHouse are both receiving the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence for the first time.
The Wine Spectator Award of Excellence recognizes fewer than 2,400 restaurants each year, requiring at least 90 wine options and a well-chosen assortment of quality producers, along with a thematic match to the restaurant menu.
“We are proud to have four Marcus restaurants recognized for this prestigious ranking,” said Susan Terry, vice president of food & beverage operations for Marcus Hotels & Resorts. “It reflects the thoughtful selection and high quality of wines that our teams pair with our restaurants’ exceptional cuisine.”
To be considered for a 2017 Wine Spectator Award, each Marcus Restaurant property submitted an application highlighting its particular strengths:
Mason Street Grill – With more than 290 wines available by the glass or bottle, downtown Milwaukee’s Mason Street Grill offers a diverse selection of quality wines from all major wine producing regions throughout the world. The restaurant boasts a strong selection of wines from the western United States – California, Oregon and Washington, and regularly brings in upper-tier and limited-release wines from that region and others.
Milwaukee ChopHouse – Newly recognized this year, the Milwaukee ChopHouse, located inside the Hilton Milwaukee City Center, offers more than 150 wines that complement the restaurant’s selection of quality steaks and entrees. The restaurant also regularly partners with vineyards and wineries across the U.S. to bring unique tasting experiences to guests, locals and visitors alike.
Capitol ChopHouse – Similar to the Milwaukee ChopHouse, the Capitol ChopHouse, located in downtown Madison, Wis. at the Hilton Madison Monona Terrace, earned the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence for the first time this year. The restaurant added more than 30 wines to its wine menu, which has a selection of more than 180 wines total. With wines ranging from sparkling whites to Cabernet Sauvignon, the restaurant’s wines pair well with the traditional steak house cuisine that features locally sourced products and seasonal produce.
Grey Rock – Located at the Heidel House Resort & Spa in Green Lake, Wis., Grey Rock has received the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence every year since 2002. In a relaxed, lakefront setting, the restaurant offers fine dining with approximately 115 wines available by the glass or bottle and a strong emphasis on California wines. Grey Rock also features two wines from Wisconsin on its menu.
“We care about every guest experience. Since wine can be, and often is, a critical component to the meal, we are continuing to increase our offerings and selection at all of our restaurants,” added Terry. “This recognition proves that the hard work of our restaurant teams is paying off.”
For more information about Marcus Restaurant Group’s premier properties, visit http://marcusrestaurants.com/.
To learn about the Wine Spectator Awards program, visit https://restaurants.winespectator.com.
About Wine Spectator
About Marcus Restaurant Group
Marcus Hotels & Resorts Announces Leadership Promotions and Appointments
Marcus® Hotels & Resorts, a nationally recognized hotel owner and management company and division of The Marcus Corporation (NYSE: MCS), today announced the promotion of Mike Swasey to senior vice president of operations. Joe Sebestyen has been named area vice president of operations and Linda Price Topp has been promoted to vice president of sales.
Swasey joined Marcus Hotels & Resorts in 2015 as area vice president of operations with more than 20 years of hospitality experience. In his new role, he will be responsible for overseeing the division’s area vice presidents, managing directors, corporate sales, and Wisconsin Hospitality Linen Service (WHLS), as well as three of the company’s premier properties in Milwaukee and Los Angeles: The Pfister Hotel, InterContinental Milwaukee and The Garland Hotel.
Prior to joining the company, Swasey served as vice president of hotel operations for Alena Hospitality, based in Orlando, Fla. His prior experience includes serving as vice president of asset management for Inland American Lodging Management, L.L.C. (now Xenia REIT) in Orlando, Fla., and serving in operations roles for B.F. Saul Company – Hospitality Group, Bethesda, Md.; Legacy Hospitality, Inc., Albuquerque, N.M.; InterContinental Hotel Group, Atlanta, Ga. and Sage Hospitality, Denver, Colo. Swasey graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah and holds a master’s degree from the University of Utah in Salt Lake City. He serves on the American Hotel & Lodging Association Food & Beverage Committee and is a member of HAMA (Hospitality Asset Managers Association).
Sebestyen joins the company with over 20 years of experience with hotels, conference centers planning, development and operations. In his new role, he will oversee several of Marcus Hotels & Resorts’ properties nationwide, including: AC Hotel Chicago Downtown, Skirvin Hilton in Oklahoma City, Hilton Garden Inn in Houston, Texas, Westin Atlanta Perimeter North in Atlanta, Ga., Omaha Marriott Downtown in Omaha, Neb., Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel in Lincoln, Neb., Platinum Hotel & Spa in Las Vegas and the Heidel House Resort & Spa in Green Lake, Wis.
Prior to joining Marcus Hotels & Resorts, Sebestyen served at Hotel Equities, a hotel management company based in Atlanta, Ga. where he was responsible for a portfolio of 20 properties across the Midwest. He also served as a regional director with the Compass Group, where he was responsible for the oversight of eight corporate conference centers and services and oversaw integrated facility management for ExxonMobil, Merck, The World Bank, CSX and Thunderbird Executive Conference center. Sebestyen’s experience also includes serving as a regional director for Marriott International, where he contributed to the development of the company’s brand standards and balanced scorecard for sales and operations and was recognized as the Marriott General Manager of the year in 1999.
His hospitality experience also includes facilitating a program on understanding conference centers within the Professional Development Program at the Cornell School of Hotel Administration. He has served as president of the International Association of Conference Centers (IACC) – a global organization with over 300 membership properties, where he received the Distinguished Award of Excellence in 2010. Sebestyen is a graduate of Southern Illinois University and currently serves on the Hotel and Restaurant Advisory Board at Oklahoma State University.
Price Topp joined Marcus Hotels & Resorts in 1993 in a sales role at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa in Lake Geneva, Wis. She then went on to serve as the director of sales and marketing at The Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee, Wis., the company’s AAA-Four Diamond hotel. She was promoted to market director, sales, marketing and revenue strategy for the Milwaukee market in 2009 responsible for Marcus’ three downtown Milwaukee properties. In her new role, she will oversee sales efforts for all 17 properties within the company’s portfolio, as well as continue to manage the company’s Milwaukee market sales team. Her extensive hospitality experience includes sales roles at La Costa Resort & Spa and Sugar Bay Plantation Resort in St. Thomas, USVI. Engagements in the travel management industry at American Express and Summit Performance Group round out her industry experience.
“Mike and Linda have a deep understanding of our business and have been outstanding performers in their operations and sales roles. We are also pleased to welcome Joe to Marcus Hotels & Resorts. His extensive hospitality experience and operational expertise will be an excellent addition to our business as we continue to grow our portfolio,” said Joseph Khairallah, president and chief operating officer of Marcus Hotels & Resorts.
For more information on the latest news and updates from Marcus Hotels & Resorts, please visit https://media.marcushotels.com.
About Marcus Hotels & Resorts
# # #
Enjoy a Weekend of Craft Beer in Green Lake March 25
Visit Heidel House Resort & Spa for a weekend of everything beer: Brew Fest to Beer-Themed Spa Services
Green Lake, Wis. – Feb. 27, 2017 – Heidel House Resort & Spa’s annual brew event offers an entire weekend dedicated to celebrating craft beer. Microbrew enthusiasts will have a variety of ever popular craft beers to taste during the annual Brew Fest event taking place Saturday, March 25. In addition to the Brew Fest event, guests can enjoy a lakeside dinner serving up brew-themed specials throughout the weekend at Grey Rock Restaurant or relax and rejuvenate on their beer vacation with a beer-themed bath or pedicure at the resort’s award-winning Evensong Spa.
Heidel House Resort’s 6th Annual Brew Fest
Featuring over 100 different microbrews and over 53 different breweries, Heidel House Resort’s annual craft beer tasting event is one beer enthusiasts would hate to miss. Mix and mingle with brewery representatives as they pour samples of their finest microbrews in souvenir tasting glasses. All participating breweries will be in the running for the 2017 People’s choice award, voted by attendees. The winning brew will be placed on tap at Heidel House Resort for the entire summer season.
Previous favorites such as New Glarus Brewing Co. of New Glarus, Wis., Lakefront Brewery of Milwaukee, Wis. and Titletown Brewing Co. of Green Bay, Wis. will return. Next Door Brewery Co. and Karben4 Brewing, both of Madison, Wis., Ahnapee Brewery of Algoma, Wis., Harpoon Brewery of Boston, Mass., and Metropolitan Brewing from Chicago, Il. are a few of the new additions welcomed to this year’s event.
The $40 Brew Fest ticket includes a souvenir tasting glass, appetizers, live entertainment and unlimited sampling from 3:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, March 25. Brew Fest will take place throughout Heidel House Resort’s lake view Dartford Ballroom as well as Sandstone and Daycholah meeting rooms. Guests must be 21 or older to attend.
Advance ticket purchase is recommended. Please call 800.444.2812 to purchase tickets.
Evensong Spa Beer Services
Evensong Spa is once again offering craft beer spa specials in conjunction with Heidel House Resort’s 6th annual Brew Fest. Enjoy the rejuvenating benefits of Wisconsin’s most popular beverage throughout the month of March.
The U.S. has very few spas that offer the benefits of beer services, whose origins stem from the ancient Romans. Beer baths were used to sweat out toxins, exfoliate the skin and infuse vitamins into the body.
The Evensong Spa team has taken it upon itself to diligently research this under-served industry and craft its own beer spa services! Throughout the month of March, these Evensong Spa beer services will be featured:
• Renew & Brew Bath Cure – $50: Start with a frothy beer bath, a potent brew of dark ale and mineral water to purify the skin. The beer bubbles perform a subtle massage, tingling as it touches your skin, and then warms and opens up skin pores allowing toxins to escape. The hops function as a purifying agent, exfoliating dry, dull skin. The active beer yeast provides the skin with a wide range of B vitamins, proteins and saccharides while contributing to overall softening and regeneration of the skin. To add to the relaxation experience, enjoy a pint of your favorite New Glarus brew while you soak your stress away!
Evensong Spa’s steam room or waterfall whirlpool soak is the perfect follow-up to this 20-minute treatment.
• Hops & Honey Pedicure – $75: Enjoy a warm foot soak with a touch of beer while enjoying a cold one! The natural antibacterial effects clean and sanitize, while yeast enzymes in the beer soften and exfoliate dry skin and callouses, making skin feel absolutely renewed. Guests can sit back and sip a New Glarus beer while their feet and calves are massaged with a lime salt scrub, followed by a super hydrating citrus lotion. Finish with the spa’s divine honey-based moisture serum that seals in moisture and brings rich color back to tired feet.
For both beer-themed spa treatments, guests can choose from New Glarus Spotted Cow, Blacktop, Moon Man and Fat Squirrel.
For more information or to make a spa appointment, visit www.evensongspa.com or call 920.294.3347.
Guests must be 21 or older to take advantage of these Heidel House Resort & Spa events and services.
For event tickets and to make your room reservations, please call 920.294.3344 or visit www.heidelhouse.com.
Heidel House Resort & Spa is managed by Marcus Hotels & Resorts. For the latest news and updates from Marcus Hotels & Resorts, please visit https://media.marcushotels.com.
About Heidel House Resort & Spa
About Marcus Hotels & Resorts
Marcus Hotels & Resorts Appoints Gordon Tareta Area Director of Spas
Milwaukee, Wis., February 2, 2017. . . . .Marcus® Hotels & Resorts, a nationally recognized hotel owner and management company and division of The Marcus Corporation (NYSE: MCS), today announced the appointment of Gordon Tareta as area director of spas.
In his new role, Tareta will oversee the company’s Well Spa + Salon brands at the AAA Four-Diamond Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee, Wis., AAA Four-Diamond Grand Geneva Resort & Spa in Lake Geneva, Wis., and Platinum Hotel & Spa in Las Vegas, Nev. He will also oversee Evensong Spa at Heidel House Resort & Spa in Green Lake, Wis.
Tareta joins Marcus Hotels & Resorts with more than 25 years of luxury spa industry experience, having developed and operated over 110 renowned and award-winning spas worldwide. Prior to joining Marcus Hotels & Resorts, Tareta was the president and founder of Tareta Group International, LLC, a business development group focused on strategic concept development and product integration for individual and corporate spas and affiliated industry suppliers. His career includes nearly 10 years with Hyatt Hotels & Resorts managing over 110 spas worldwide in 26 countries. While at Hyatt, he conceived and launched Hyatt Pure, which was awarded best spa brand by Spa Finders, and developed and implemented global fitness brand StayFit. Before joining Hyatt, Tareta served as corporate director of spa operations for Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, where he completed the refurbishment of the famous Banff Springs Hotel’s spa facilities in Alberta, Canada. Tareta has also served as chief operating officer for Marilyn Monroe™ Spas in Orlando, Florida.
“Gordon’s spa visionary success will be instrumental in overseeing our four award-winning spa brands. His global spa experience and creativity in concept innovation, transformation and product development will further position our top rated spas among the best in the nation,” said Joseph Khairallah, president and chief operating officer of Marcus Hotels & Resorts.
Spas of America Names Top 2016 Spas
January 5, 2017
Travel and wellness website, Spas of America, has released its annual ranking of the Top 100 Spas of 2016 based on consumer behavior on the company’s website. Last year, health spas were the most popular spa experience, with 34 making the 2016 list and city spas following.
“In 2016, we continued to see steady growth in the North American spa and wellness industry, with record visits and increased revenue,” said Craig Oliver, president of Spas of America.
The 2016 International Spa Association U.S. Spa Industry Study, commissioned by the ISPA Foundation and undertaken by PwC International Survey Unit, reported consumers made 179 million visits to spas in the United States, generating an estimated $16.3 billion in revenue.
Did your spa make the list?
1. New Life Hiking Spa, Mendon/Killington, Vermont
2. Aspira Spa, The Osthoff Resort, Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin
3. Pala Spa, Pala Casino Spa & Resort, Pala, California
4. Oaks at Ojai, Ojai, California
5. Skaná, The Spa at Turning Stone Resort, Verona, New York
6. The Biggest Loser Resort Palm Desert, Palm Desert, California
7. Grotto Spa, Tigh-Na-Mara Spa Resort, Parksville, British Columbia
8. Spa Terra, Meritage Resort and Spa in Napa Valley, Napa, California
9. Movara Fitness Resort, Ivins, Utah
10. Miraj Hammam Spa by Caudalie Paris, Shangri-La Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
11. The Spa at White Oaks Resort, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario
12. Deerfield Spa, East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
13. Wellfit Malibu, Malibu, California
14. The Spa at Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, Jasper, Alberta
15. 100 Fountain Spa, Pillar and Post, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario
16. Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
17. Woodlands Spa, Nemacolin Woodlands Resort, Farmington, Pennsylvania
18. Sunstone The Spa at Agua Caliente, Rancho Mirage, California
19. Spa Khakara, Sheraton Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii
20. Abhasa Spa, The Royal Hawaiian Resort, Waikiki Beach, Hawaii
21. The Millcroft Inn & Spa, Alton, Ontario
22. Ste. Anne’s Spa, Grafton, Ontario
23. Tennessee Fitness Spa, Waynesboro, Tennessee
24. The Lodge at Woodloch, Hawley, Pennsylvania
25. Clinic at KurSpa, Sparkling Hill Resort & Spa, Vernon, British Columbia
26. Scandinave Spa Blue Mountain, Blue Mountains, Ontario
27. Crystal Spa, Crystal Mountain Resort & Spa, Thompsonville, Michigan
28. Evensong Spa, Heidel House Resort, Green Lake, Wisconsin
29. Jasha Spa, JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Resort, Los Cabos, Mexico
30. Glacial Waters Spa at Grand View Lodge, Nisswa, Minnesota
31. Turtle Cove Spa, Mountain Harbor Resort, Mount Ida, Arkansas
32. Wine & Roses, Lodi, California
33. Secret Garden Spa, Prince of Wales Hotel, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario
34. The Biggest Loser Resort Amelia Island, Amelia Island, Florida
35. Gurney’s Montauk Resort & Seawater Spa, Montauk, New York
36. The Biggest Loser Resort Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
37. CHI Spa at Shangri-la Hotel Vancouver, Vancouver, British Columbia
38. Scandinave Spa Whistler, Whistler, British Columbia
39. Spa Grand Traverse, Acme, Michigan
40. The Ranch at Live Oak Malibu, Malibu, California
41. Sundara Inn & Spa, Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
42. Black Rock Oceanfront Resort, Ucluelet, British Columbia
43. Hilton Head Health, Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
44. Spa Shiki at the Lodge of Four Seasons, Lake Ozark, Missouri
45. Manitou Springs Resort and Mineral Spa, Manitou Beach, Saskatchewan
46. Temple Gardens Mineral Spa, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
47. Rancho La Puerta, Tecate, Mexico
48. The Spa at The Joule, Dallas, Texas
49. The L Spa & Wellness Centre, Grande Prairie, Alberta
50. Glen Ivy Hot Springs, Corona, California
51. Spa Walden, Aurora, Ohio
52. Red Mountain Resort, St. George, Utah
53. Santé Spa Victoria, Victoria, British Columbia
54. The Spa at InterContinental Toronto Center, Toronto, Ontario
55. The Spa at Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe, Victoria, British Columbia
56. Lake Austin Spa Resort, Austin, Texas
57. eforea spa at Hilton Suites Toronto/Markham, Markham, Ontario
58. Shoji Lodge & Spa, Asheville, North Carolina
59. Shankara Ayurveda Spa, Art of Living Retreat Center, Boone, North Carolina
60. Springs Eternal Spa, Omni Bedford Springs Resort, Bedford, Pennsylvania
61. Sunrise Springs Integrative Wellness Resort, Santa Fe, New Mexico
62. Healing Arts Center & Spa, Cavallo Point Lodge, Sausalito, California
63. Relâche Spa, Gaylord Opryland Resort, Nashville, Tennessee
64. Immerse Spa, MGM Grand Detroit, Detroit, Michigan
65. Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, Brentwood Bay, British Columbia
66. Golden Door, San Marcos, California
67. Trillium Spa at Seven Springs Mountain Resort, Seven Springs, Pennsylvania
68. Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa, Miami, Florida
69. Avani Spa, The Abbey Resort, Fontana, Wisconsin
70. Cal-A-Vie Health Spa, Vista, California
71. Canyon Ranch Lenox, Lenox, Massachusetts
72. The Spa at Grand Velas Riviera Maya, Playa del Carmen, Mexico
73. The Sportsman’s Inn, Killarney, Ontario
74. Green Mountain at Fox Run, Ludlow, Vermont
75. The Biggest Loser Resort Niagara, Java Center, New York
76. Kurotel Longevity Medical Center and Spa, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
77. Kohler Waters Spa, Kohler, Wisconsin
78. Nob Hill Spa at the Scarlet Huntington, San Francisco, California
79. The Spa at the Catamaran Resort, San Diego, California
80. Canyon Ranch Wellness Resort at Kaplankaya, Milas, Turkey
81. The Ashram, Calabasas, California
82. Bota Bota, spa-sur-l’eau, Quais du vieux-port de Montréal, Montréal, Québec
83. Topnotch Resort & Spa, Stowe, Vermont
84. Mii Amo, A Destination Spa at Enchantment Resort, Sedona, Arizona
85. Spa Eastman, Eastman, Quebec
86. Green Valley Spa, St. George, Utah
87. The Parkside Spa, Parkside Hotel & Spa, Victoria, British Columbia
88. Elaia Spa, Hyatt at Olive 8, Seattle, Washington
89. Lapinha Spa, Brazil
90. Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa, Tucson, Arizona
91. Carson Hot Springs Bathhouse, Carson, Washington
92. Wi Spa, Los Angeles, California
93. Santé Spa Calgary at Hotel Le Germain, Calgary, Alberta
94. Christienne Fallsview Spa, Sheraton on the Falls, Niagara Falls, Ontario
95. Qua Baths & Spa at Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, Nevada
96. Mirbeau Inn & Spa Skaneateles, Skaneateles, New York
97. G Salon, Marriott Providence, Providence, Rhode Island
98. The Spring Resort & Spa, Desert Hot Springs, California
99. The Spa at Poplar Springs, Warrenton, Virginia
100. The Fairmont Banff Springs, Willow Stream Spa, Banff, Alberta
– See more at: http://www.skininc.com/spabusiness/leaders/spas/Spas-of-America-Names-Top-2016-Spas.html#sthash.1eYJFZU4.dpuf
See more here.
Spas of America’s Top 100 Spas of 2016
Spas of America, the No. 1 spa and wellness travel website, today unveiled its annual ranking of the Top 100 Spas of 2016, based on consumer behavior on its website.
“In 2016, we continued to see steady growth in the North American spa and wellness industry, with record visits and increased revenue,” says Spas of America president Craig Oliver. The 2016 International Spa Association U.S. Spa Industry Study, commissioned by the ISPA Foundation and undertaken by PwC International Survey Unit, reported consumers made 179 million visits to spas in the United States, generating an estimated $16.3 billion in revenue.
“North American spa and wellness consumers are continuing to focus on health, exercise and fitness experiences – especially in the outdoors,” says Oliver. “Spa and wellness travel offers people a chance to take a step back, enjoy a slower pace and focus on what is truly important.”
The Top 100 Spas of 2016 includes 66 spas from the United States (including 17 from California), 28 spas from Canada, three from Mexico, two from Brazil and one from Turkey.
Health spas were the most popular spa experience, with 34 spas making the Top 100 Spas of 2016 list. City spas followed with 13; Country, Lake and Mountain with eight; Beach, Casino and Mineral Hot Springs had six spas each, followed by Ocean spas with five.
Search for your spa at www.spasofamerica.com/spas.
Spas of America’s Top 100 Spas of 2016
Source: Google Analytics, January 1–December 31, 2016
About Spas of America
Spas of America is the largest spa and wellness travel website, showcasing more than 600 of the best resort, hotel and health spas to consumers around the world. We inspire healthy living and travel by providing consumers with a beautiful, clean, easy-to-use online experience in HD quality. The website allows consumers to search for spas by name, keyword, location or experience, and to browse spas on an interactive map.
Launched in 2005, Spas of America receives more than one million page views annually. The site’s traffic is very targeted: 90% U.S. and Canada; 70% female; 25-65 years of age (median age 39); college educated; high household income; and health, wellness and travel oriented.
See more here.
Celebrate 10 Years of Wellness at Evensong Spa
Celebrate Evensong Spa’s 10-year anniversary with a meet-and-greet event, specials all through September and a makeover for one lucky person.
Green Lake, Wis. – Aug. 29, 2016 – Heidel House Resort & Spa’s award-winning Evensong Spa is offering a variety of specials throughout the month of September in celebration of its 10-year anniversary. Evensong Spa broke ground in 2006, and since then, has become known as a top destination spa in the United States as it continues to promote tranquility and overall wellbeing for guests’ mind, body and spirit. To honor this milestone, Evensong Spa welcomes guests and area residents to join staff at a celebration meet-and-greet event Thursday, September 8 at 5:30 p.m.
Held in conjunction with the Green Lake Area Chamber of Commerce’s After 5 networking, attendees will have the opportunity to tour the spa, walk the indoor 11-Circuit Labyrinth, meet spa associates and enjoy complimentary hors d’oeuvres, cake and a champagne toast to mark the momentous occasion.
“We are thrilled to be celebrating ten years,” said Druellen Kosti, Evensong Spa director. “We want to celebrate this amazing milestone with our community and our associates, some of whom have been here from the beginning. Our meet-and-greet event is not only a celebration, but also a way of saying thank you to our loyal guests and the Green Lake community.”
Evensong Spa is celebrating this significant milestone throughout September with a variety of spa specials. Guests can receive 10% off of any regularly priced 50-minute service, no spa access fee with the purchase of any service and specials on a selection of high-quality spa products. A weekly drawing for complimentary spa services will also be available for all guests who stop in Evensong Spa or the Heidel House gift shop. One entry per day, per person.
The final component of Evensong’s 10 years of wellness celebration is a head-to-toe makeover for one deserving individual as part of a special anniversary makeover contest. The makeover includes a complimentary haircut, hair color, hairstyle, eyebrow wax, makeup application, manicure, pedicure and spa products gift bag. Beginning September 1, nominations can be made online by messaging Evensong’s Facebook page or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Voting will occur on Evensong Spa’s Facebook page September 20. Contest details and official rules can be found on the Heidel House Resort & Spa blog.
Reservations are required for Evensong Spa services. Other restrictions may apply. For more information, or to book an appointment, call 920.294.3347 or visit www.evensongspa.com.
Heidel House Resort & Spa is managed by Marcus Hotels & Resorts. For the latest news and updates from Marcus Hotels & Resorts, please visit https://media.marcushotels.com.
About Heidel House Resort & Spa
About Marcus Hotels & Resorts
Today Show: Hot Summer Getaways: Affordable Vacation Spots Off the Beaten Path
Heidel House Resort & Spa was included in the Today Show’s segment on hot summer getaways. Jacqui Gifford of Travel + Leisure spotlights vacation destinations that make will you feel like you’re in a completely different world.
To view the entire segment, click here